[Jacob-list] training horns

Linda Bjarkman patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Mon Sep 22 07:24:49 EDT 2003

I probably should have titled my email "inadvertently training horns."  I was not
trying to alter the horn growth, just keep Isa Dumb Belle, from spending her days
stuck in the fence.  I'm abit upset with myself for possibly changing her growth
whether for the better or the worse.  I don't believe that horns should be trained.
Isabelle is staying in my flock, so I'll have a chance to watch the growth from now
on.

I haven't had my coffee yet this morning and I read Mary Ellen post rather
blurry-eyed and took it to say that the ewe's horns weren't forward anymore after
she died.  Tough fix, there :-)  Well, it did wake me up!

Linda

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:13:21 -0700 (PDT), Mary Hansson wrote:
>Linda and all,
 ewe with the worst bend never lost it.  Those were permanently bent