[Jacob-list] getting ewes pregnant...

Mary Hansson buffgeese at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 05:48:49 EDT 2003

Scott,

Trust me...This breed of sheep still knows how to
procreate.  I own a ewe that jumped up through a
window to get with a ram.  I have had fences beaten
down because the ewe on one side with a ram didn't
particularly want to be with that ram, so the other
ram just obliged...  6 ewes to 2 rams is NOT an
overload.

Mary Ellen
--- Scottjr209 at aol.com wrote:
> Is the best way to get sheep pregnant to pin up a
> ewe and a ram in a pin or
> just let them run wild, and wait for it to
> happen????  I don't have a big flock
> only two rams, and six ewes all only eight months
> old.  although two of the
> six ewes are two years old, but both rams are only
> eight months old.
>

> Scott
> Galt, CA

=====