[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Susan J Martin stonecroft235 at juno.com
Fri Oct 17 02:00:59 EDT 2003

Ditto to what Kate said regarding her sheep acting skitzy around
strangers.  Our sheep are tame - rush to the fence every time they see
me, and if I call them they fall all over themselves getting to me, even
pushing me over as each one tries to be the closest.....and if I have
treats they literally pile up on top of each other just to get a bite.
However, no one believes me when I tell how tame they are because when
visitors are here - and I obviously want to show off my beautiful Jacob
sheep - the sheep make an absolutely liar out of me!!!  Yep, you guessed
it -- when I call them they look at me like they have never seen or heard
of me before, and instead they march resolutely to the farthest corner of
the meadow.  And should I assure my guests that if I walk in the meadow
with my lovely little woollies they will surely show their love and
affection for me, it's guaranteed my girls will give the impression that
I treat them horribly, beat them regularly, and they can only survive by
staying as far away from me as possible!!!!  As I reassure my guests and
tell them that the sheep are a bit reticent with people they don't know,
I notice my friends looking at each other with a knowing look which
implies  that Sue Martin really is a bit overly effusive in her praise of
these Jacob sheep, and indeed her mind may even be wandering a bit these

Sue Martin
Stonecroft Manor
Lititz, PA