[Jacob-list] safeguard

Gillian Fuqua gillian_fuqua at pobox.com
Thu Oct 16 09:48:00 EDT 2003

    When I use wormer, I buy the horse size tube, no matter what the kind.
I don't worry too much especially with the Safeguard, my vet has advised me
to use it in massive doses both on my horse and my sheep when they had worms
bad. Massive meant two tubes a day for 4 days for the horse and 500lbs worth
for the ewe. (Barn kitten got some one day too with no ill effect.)  I would
just depress the plunger carefully, are there smaller lines on the plunger
that would indicate 50lbs? If there aren't you could make some with a marker
so you have a sense of it. I also tend to give slightly too large doses, I
always seem to get wormer on the floor, on me, on their snouts.