[Jacob-list] Re: Ewe Off Feed *Update

Cathy Robinson perfectspot at blueridge.net
Sat Oct 11 11:31:07 EDT 2003

I would like to say "thanks" to all who wrote with concern and
suggestions about our Swallow Lane ewe that went off feed for about a week

She had been recently wormed before the problem began so I was pretty
confident that was not the problem.  For more than a week we offered
Pro-Bios, Nutri-Drench, and electrolytes in varying daily combinations,
and finally last week-end I harvested her a collection of wild
blackberry leaves and wild rose hips and leaves, which she seemed to
enjoy.  The next day we decided to move her in with the ram and since
then she has been on a fast rebound.  Whether it was just time for her
to have worked through her problem, or whether one or two things really
aided her recovery, we are just glad to see her doing better.

Her buddy is our new Huntsberger ewe, Isla, who is doing GREAT!   Tara
and Isla are always together, ever since leaving Royal's farm in August.
 Isla still is not particularly fond of being caught, but has become so
personable that she "talks" to me now whenever I approach the fence.
 She will often leave the group and walk toward me, and will carry on a
regular conversation with me, answering everything I say to her!  We are
thrilled to have both these girls here!

Cathy
Perfect Spot Farm