[Jacob-list] Sheep Blankets

sheepythyme 2512 at nethawk.com
Thu Nov 6 07:14:19 EST 2003

Hi Cheryl,
Coats would be for anyone that would like to receive more money per pound for their fiber.  They pay for themselves in a relatively short time.
Jacobs, with their open fiber do not have a lot of problems with VM if fed in an efficient system.  But they do sun bleach so you need to use a UV protectant coat to prevent bleaching.  We have llamas that drag hay over the backs of sheep no matter what type of feeding program we use.
You can read more about Matilda coats on our web site.  Here is the link to the coat page:
http://www.sheepythyme.com/favorite.htm
Thanks
Bonnie