[Jacob-list] (no subject)

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Sun May 18 20:05:44 EDT 2003

Yes, our sheep also respond to the tractor - last Fall I was transporting
hay/water with our tractor -- and the sight/sound of said tractor evoked
an en mass rush  response toward the fence.  Our sheep definitely know my
voice -- when I call them they all come running -- they don't care that I
am saying something silly like, "here lammies, here lammies, come get
treats" in a high, sing-song voice......although I must admit that food
is the incentive, not my hideous voice!!!  It works when we have visitors
- I just sing-song a few times and they all appear.  However hard my
husband may try, he never gets the same response!!!  We move our sheep
from pasture to pasture  with the same incentive -- a coffee can with
some sweet feed and a silly shepherdess chanting away in a high falsetto
- and in Bo Peep fashion they follow, "wagging their tails behind them."

Sue Martin
Stonecroft Manor
Lititz, PA