[Jacob-list] still waters

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at sover.net
Fri May 16 07:19:25 EDT 2003

All this talk of still waters and swimming sheep reminds me that I also know it is commonly thought that cats hate water and don't swim.  When I was growing up we had an old tiger alley cat gotten as a kitten, who swam with us every day and seemed to enjoy it.

Which is to say, there's genetics and environment, hey?  There's rules and exceptions.  No rule is so strictly adhered to that once in a while a fluke doesn't happen.  I have a friend with shetlands who has one sheep which looks forward to her daily swim with the shepherd in their pond.  Ya' gotta' love it.

My father used to say there's no such thing as "always" or "never"; wise words for all of us, I'd say.