[Jacob-list] registration bodies

B&B bandb at in-tch.com
Thu May 15 10:33:32 EDT 2003

Hi all,

As a new person to the Jacob sheep I have been wondering about registering
them.  I see that there is a conservation group, and the Jacob breeders
association, and the Jacob breed registry.  Why three and which one should a
person think about registering with?

I do like the idea that you do not have to "belong" to the latter one, but
pay your fee and be done with it, similar to registration of dogs and cats.
Please comment for a newcomer.

On another topic.  I did just get my first Jacob, and she is a lilac,  When
I was reading about the eye rings at the computer, I thought I'm sure she
doesn't have that.  So I went out and looked and sure enough she does have
the eye ring.  Just goes to show you how you can look and not see!
Sincerely,
Barbara Peters