[Jacob-list] We Need Some Advice

Nicolekraght at aol.com Nicolekraght at aol.com
Fri May 9 23:54:00 EDT 2003

This afternoon we noticed our 4 month old male lamb seems sick or injured,
they were out in the pasture with  the other ewes,the ram and our llama. The
llama seems to know something isn't right because he has been chasing him all
day but not until this evening did we notice he was chasing him because there
is something wrong. We are pretty sure the llama would not have hurt him but
it seems to be his legs since all he wants to do is lay down, almost like he
is weak in his legs and they look like they are bugging him by the way he
walks and stands, our concern is that maybe it could be something internal
that we would no nothing about since this is our first year with sheep. The
other consideration is the ram could have banged him up and hurt him, but we
were wanting to know if anyone has some advice about what to watch for. Maybe
he was just bruised and we should give him a few days? Or something serious?
They only graze on our pasture and they have plenty of water we don't feed
them any extras right now since they have plenty so bloat disease doesn't
seem like a logical explanation either, we are at a loss, please help if you
have any idea of what could be going on.Thank You.

BJ and Nicole
Kent, Washington