[Jacob-list] Bloated Ewe

Barb and Ron Skarin rbskarin at longlines.com
Wed May 7 22:51:42 EDT 2003

Today I lost one of my yearling ewes. I am baffled at how she died.
Last saturday she started swelling up so I gave her a shot of ultra bac for bloat. Within an hour she was back to her regular self. She has been eatting hay up to then. Now today she was fine till I put her in the pasture and then she just swelled up so fast within 20 minutes and lost her. Has anyone had this happen. She had all her vacinations and worming. She had covexin 8 before she lambed and CD/T on schedule and boosters. None of the others are this way.
Thanks
Barb