[Jacob-list] ? Ethics on selling Jacobs

RnS1260 at aol.com RnS1260 at aol.com
Sat Mar 22 14:35:06 EST 2003

This is our first year breeding Jacob's, and enjoying every minute of it.
Last week a gentleman stopped and asked about purchasing a ram and a couple
of ewes. Quite exciting. He later explained where he lived and the assortment
of animals he has. Quite a potpourri on 6 acres. They do look cared for. My
concern here is inbreeding as I know he has as an assortment of sheep also.
Where does my responsibility to the Jacob breed fall? Do I sell for less and
not with papers, or do I steer clear of someone I suspect that does not value
the breed and respect for it's preservation?
Money's great, but there is more at stake here.
Thanks
Cheryl  (  :
Rise "N" Shine Farm