[Jacob-list] sheep supplies

Karen karen at benjaminfarms.com
Sun Mar 16 12:03:52 EST 2003

Here are three mail order supplies co. that carry hoof trimming and shears:

    www.premier1supplies.com
    www.northwestpackgoats.com
    www.caprinesupply.com
    I keep hand shears around for just in case I need to cut something
out of the wool.  I am always appriceative when our shearer comes... It
is hard work. My back aches as I watch him. He also mentioned, as he is
shearing the sheep, it is hard not to knick the skin when going from
black to white, although he has never cut any of our sheep.  Also any of
your wool that is throw away makes good fertilizer.  Wool is high in
nitrogen.
Karen Sigler
Benjamin Farms,  Utah