[Jacob-list] Genetic testing =Scrapie ?

Heather Fogel heatherf at hutchtel.net
Wed Mar 12 20:38:40 EST 2003

Cheryl,

I just completed a two day lambing course through Pipestone Vet. clinic last
month.  We did discuss scrapies and testing for it through genetics.  The
test is about $14/head for lab fees.  All you need to do is collect a vial
full of blood from each sheep you want tested (or call the vet out if you
aren't comfortable doing it your self).  The blood is collected out of the
neck.  For more information you can contact the vets at www.pipevet.com .
They are really good about answering questions via email.

Heather
Little Shady Acres
Stewart MN