[Jacob-list] Genetic testing =Scrapie ?

RnS1260 at aol.com RnS1260 at aol.com
Wed Mar 12 13:21:18 EST 2003

I just got in from a visit with the state vet for scrapie enrollment. She was
most helpful and very down to earth, answering my dozens of questions. Of
coarse like everything to do with these wonderful Jacob Sheep, this has
opened up another avenue to my never ending curiosity. Has any one ever done
genetic testing on their ewes to see if they are predisposed to Scrapie? If
so is the testing costly? What lab would it be sent to, or is this something
ones vet determines?
Cheryl
Rise "N" Shine Farm