[Jacob-list] Jacob Newspap er Article – Editor Wanted!!

ranchrat at telusplanet.net ranchrat at telusplanet.net
Wed Mar 12 01:26:08 EST 2003

Heel low:

Night chores done and found some time while eating dinner to read thru Ingrid
Painter’s book “Jacobs in America.”  I extracted these following additional
unique Jacob Sheep characteristics:

Only sheep breed that is entirely spotted

Only multihorned sheep with:

- medium fine fleece
- does not have double coated fleece

One of a few British breeds that are dominant black

Jacob breeders have many more breed characteristics to consider.  Not just
conformation and wool type, but horn characteristics, spotting patterns, and
primitive traits like maternal instincts, longevity and hard hooves.

Now to go read my mail and see if there are any others I have missed or
misinterpreted!

Doggone,

Tara

PS  Can anyone tell me if the Tony Turner of Nova Scotia who imported Canada’s
first Clun Forest sheep in 1970 is the “Turner” mentioned in Ingrid Painters’
book as “Turner Imports VT 1976” who send Jacobs on to Atwood & Burge in Nova
Scotia 1979?
--
    ____(\                Tara Lee Higgins                  /)____
   (_____~>        Rat Ranch - An ACD is for LIFE          <~_____)