[Jacob-list] 5 ft radishes

gf fayg at mebtel.net
Sun Jun 15 13:32:34 EDT 2003

I opened a field last year, the ph was 5 and the NPK was near the toxic side of acceptable.

I limed it, tilled in sand and some more fertizlizer with the carolina clay. I spread millet and fescue seed in it and some radish seed white and red from 2 years ago. They grew, the white ones  grew to 5 ft tall over the 3 ft tall millet. The sheep kept banging the fence. crawling under it and any other thing to get into that field. Guess the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

After two weeks of escapes I moved the fence ....

Gary