[Jacob-list] Extra Teat

Dr. David Lincicome wheaten at bellatlantic.net
Wed Jun 11 17:28:23 EDT 2003

1716 hrs/Wednesday 11 June 2003

The British have sought to produce genetically a 4-teated sheep for some
time.  The Cambridge is the result of that interest.  In this country
Dr. Clair Terrill and I several years ago were also interested  in
producing such a sheep.  At the time I was working with Tunis and did
have several ewes with 4 functional teats, but was not successful in
establishing this condition consistently.
It would be well to have 4 functional teats especially in breeds which
usually have more than 2 lambs at a time.

David