[Jacob-list] Extra Teat

Debbie Cooper suprcuprtoo at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 17:24:21 EDT 2003

Hi there...

When you say 'Extra' teat, what do you mean?  All
of our adult ewes have four, two large ones in
back, and two itty bitty ones in front.  Is this
not normal for Jacobs?

We milk two of our ewes, twice daily.  When the
front teats have milk, I can empty them in just
one or two squirts. They are so small that I use
just the tips of my index finger and thumb.
After that, I milk the back ones.

I assume that if I can milk the front ones dry,
that there must be four separate chambers.  I'd
like to know if that assumption is correct.

This is an interesting conversational thread...
I'd like to hear more.

Thanks,

Debbie Cooper
Jacob's Dream