[Jacob-list] itchy skin

Mary Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Sat Jan 11 09:38:02 EST 2003

Gillian,

I would take Betty B's advice.  If the skin is dry and the microscope is
not detecting little bugs (did you have your vet check her?), it could
be a deficiency in her diet.

My recommendation for worrying about the weight gain would be as
follows:  given the opportunity, sheep seem to regulate their weights
fairly well.  It isn't likely you need to worry about too much weight
gain in pregnancy unless you have extreme conditions in feed program and
lack of exercise.

Mary Ellen Hansson, ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters
Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies
www.iseespots.com (336) 854-6209