[Jacob-list] Rams

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Thu Jan 9 21:15:22 EST 2003

Last Sat. we put our two rams together in the "slammer" - a small pen,
too small to allow them to fight.  They went through the usual
pushing-around, getting-to-know-you kind of behavior but really didn't
have enough  room to actually fight.   Over the following days they
apparently worked out their pecking order, deciding things like who would
be permitted to take the first bite of hay, etc.  Today, Thursday, I
released them from their small quarters to much more amenable
accommodations and a large meadow..........and they are being perfect
gentleman with each other.  Yes, they did acknowledge their larger
quarters with a few congratulatory, token, gentle head butts, which would
have been "high fives" had they been human - and the rest is history.
Rams just need a few days in tight quarters to work things out.

Sue Martin
Stonecroft