[Jacob-list] RAMS

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Sat Jan 4 15:33:33 EST 2003

Great story Betty -- you really should keep a collection of those sort of
little vignettes and publish a book - I would certainly buy one!!   Today
we put Southwind Sir Lancelot in with our yearling ram, Stonecroft
Julian.....Julian was feeling rather feisty and aggressive but Lancelot
made it pretty clear by the disdainful look in his eyes that he would not
lower himself to fighting with this half-grown, pathetic excuse for sheep
manhood - and proceeded to munch on hay.  When Julian decided to ride
Lancelot, he did reach the end of his patience and just sort of gently
tossed him out of the way.....didn't really lose his temper, just a
measured toss of his beautiful horns and Julian found himself flying.

As an aside, Sir Lancelot has a wonderful temperament -- he was shown
quite a bit by his previous owner and is very easy to lead with a halter.
 This morning I put a halter on him and led out of the barn, through the
snow in the yard and down to the smaller barn where Julian is -- he
walked like a true showman, never once trying to pull away or push me.
It is truly a blessing to have a ram who is gentle and easy for a woman
to handle.......this is our first year using Sir Lancelot and we are
anxious to see his lambs which are due in March & April.

Sue Martin
Stonecroft Manor
Lititz, PA