[Jacob-list] natural wormers

Debbie Bennett dbennet954 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 30 11:28:37 EDT 2003

When we moved onto our farm, one of the first things we noticed was
pennyroyal everywhere. In our area, it is invasive. The vet told us
that pennyroyal is a natural wormer , but cautioned that ingested
during pregnancy, it could cause miscarriage. In five years, we haven't
had any miscarriages, they eat it mostly late Spring to early Summer.
We still worm with Ivomec, once in the Spring and once in the Fall for
the older sheep, more often for the lambs up to a year and a 1/2 old.
It has worked well for us.
Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre Farm