Fw: Re: [Jacob-list] assisted lambing - an opinion

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Mon Apr 14 09:03:55 EDT 2003

Juliet:

Survival of the fittest is the most natural way to select for the great
lambing and vigor characteristics we all want.  I really do believe that
-- but this spring when a preemie was born here and she refused to die --
we did not intervene initially.......... somehow I could not let her
starve to death.  So, since I do ascribe to survival of the fittest,  I
did intervene and bottle feed her..........and then  I made certain that
she was "adopted" by a family who wants a pet.....they've got another pet
sheep and a pet goat.........she will spend  her life in a sort of
private petting zoo.  Her mother, who was not a great mother, had little
milk, has a terrible personality, and has SUED, will probably end up on a
Styrofoam plate in  a very cold place..............

Sue Martin
Stonecroft Manor
Lititz, PA