[Jacob-list] Re: Prolapses

MarmontJacobs at aol.com MarmontJacobs at aol.com
Sat Apr 12 17:10:39 EDT 2003

Hi - we don't breed our ewes as lambs ever (deliberately that is...tho' we
have had two born after encounters through an electric fence (OUCH)!).

Re prolapses - this year I had a two year old lamb a single and then carry on
messing around to such an extent afterwards that I checked for a non-existent
twin. Two days later she was nose in the air contracting visibly, so I called
the vet (Saturday late evening of course!!) - a first for us during lambing.
He diagnosed an irritable uterus and gave her a shot to calm things down, and
said that this could well have led to uterine prolapse if left.

Kindly, he also forgot to bill us - also a first! I suppose it'll turn up one
day when he cleans the car out...

Trisha, Marmont Jacobs, Wales