[Jacob-list] bottle lambs

Linda Bjarkman patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sat Apr 12 16:57:09 EDT 2003

I had a ewe prolapse two days after delivery - is that unusual?  I couldn't get a
vet to come, so we fixed it ourselves - it was a vaginal prolapse, not a uterine
prolapse.  That was happily my only experience with a prolapse.  Our first two sheep
were Suffolk cross ewes.  The first one prolapsed, the second one had twins, one of
which never stood up & died.  That ewe later decided to die for no apparent reason.
I sure do love these hardy Jacobs - and our new vet!

Linda