[Jacob-list] UPDATE! NEED HELP WITH NEWBORN

marguerite e vanbeek pegaleg2 at juno.com
Fri Apr 11 10:25:03 EDT 2003

First of all I want to thank all of you for your support and suggestions.
 It is extremely difficult and frustrating when you don't
know enough to treat them in this condition.  Most of the books, formulas
are for larger breed sheep.  He is eating alot better.
More aggressive.  I change the nipple from a lambs nipple you buy in the
store to a baby (human) nipple, suggested by a vet since
the Jacob breed is a smaller lamb.   He started to get diarrhea not too
watery but not good either.  I change the mixing ratio to more water less
formula and seems to be working.  He is walking around more but...... he
front legs are getting misshapen
I have seen this on foals, his bones are growing and his tendons are
tighten lack of movement.  If all goes well I am going to
try to put him back with his momma.  IT would be better for him, her and
me.

I also want to give a BIG THANK YOU to the William's for this site.

Peggy
NJ