[Jacob-list] update on Twigg group

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Sun Apr 6 14:25:30 EDT 2003

I feel pretty strongly that early graying of lilac Jacobs is not the rule. We have quite a few and while some gray early, others do not and is not a characteristic of the lilac group. What I think is happening is that early graying lilacs are not culled as readily as are the black and whites. Those of us that had a few lilacs early on and liked them have kept those back in order to build up numbers. Like any other trait, those traits which are not actively selected are lost.

Neal Grose