[Jacob-list] tail docking

SharHill at aol.com SharHill at aol.com
Fri Sep 13 13:47:02 EDT 2002

Susan wrote:
<<
Oh, please, name that tool! We have been using a kitchen knife and a
heated spatula (oh, gross), which is efficient enough, but requires 2
people. I would love to find a source for a tool like the one my uncle
used to use, but which no one can seem to find...>>

I borrow my vet's tail docking tool.  He said they cost about $300.00.  The
one he has is called a bloodless castrator.  It works well.  There may be
some that don't cost that much, but I don't know.  If you have access to a
large animal vet, maybe he/she would let you borrow one?

Sharon