[Jacob-list] ear tags

Kathryn Shirley humbug7 at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 11 18:57:52 EDT 2002

Jacob sheep are supposed to have shorter tails than standard breeds of sheep.
Standard breeds of sheep can have tails that hang almost to the ground.

I do "long dock" as I consider the short dock ugly.  I also have had standard
white sheep get sunburned bottoms here in the south.  Short dock also
predisposes to prolapses.

My tails are only docked if they are over 6 inches long.  I usually dock around
4 inches in length.

And, yes, in most parts of the country undocked sheep are a hard sell.  Unless
they are being sold as meat.

Kate Shirley