[Jacob-list] response to newbie questions & off topic request

J Thomas shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 20:51:53 EDT 2002

Jacob sheep are always horned. If you're looking for a
Jacob to add to a spinner's flock, why not get a
lovely two-horned wether. I have both 2 and 4 horned
sheep. I spend time with them and they are quite tame.
 They do, however, at times get into mischief with
their horns, can get caught and DO know how to use
them. They are precious members of my fleece flock!
Happy sheep hunting!

Off topic -- a while ago Twin Willows Farm, Pegg
Thomas posted an e-mail that her website & e-mail
address were changing. Does anyone know how to get in
touch with her? She has some neat Jacob cross stitch
patterns I'd like to purchase to make some Christmas
gifts.

We're getting ready for the NC State Fair here and I'm
looking forward to showing some of this year's lambs.

With regard to showing - I noticed that the Jacobs to
be shown in next year's Maryland Sheep and Wool
Festival need to be born on or before February 15th.
Is there a way to get this rule waived? All of my
lambs this past year (except one) didn't meet that
requirement -- all were born between Feb. 15 (one who
I wouldn't have shown) and March 3. Do any of the
other Jacob breeders have this challenge with
birthdate rules for shows?

Joy Thomas

=====
Joy Thomas, Shepherd & Fiber Artist
Son-Rise Farm, Creedmoor NC
Home of The Fleece Flock
Jacob, Shetland & Border Leicester Sheep
Website:   www.shepherdofspots.com
E-Mail:    joy at shepherdofspots.com