[Jacob-list] (no subject)

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Wed Oct 30 07:52:17 EST 2002

Hi all:

Here in southeast PA we were suffering from drought conditions this
summer - actually it's been dry for longer than that - however, this Fall
we have been receiving wonderful rains and our pastures look great - our
Jacobs are finding plenty of grass.   And last night we had quite a bit
of sleet - the bark mulched beds were actually white with sleet.
Perhaps winter is arriving a bit early?  It was strange to see the
branches of our sugar maple all iced up and shimmering with an icy glaze
- amid the blaze of vibrant oranges, yellows and reds of the leaves still
clinging to the branches.

Sue Martin
Stonecroft Manor
Lititz, PA