[Jacob-list] crimpy fleece

Mary Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Tue Oct 22 16:36:18 EDT 2002

Most people in the sheep industry make a large distinction between lamb
fleece and adult fleece. I have never understood why it would be
different for this breed of sheep.  There is a wide variation in fleeces
from crimpy to not crimpy.  Of course, if a particular registry accepts
certain traits and does not accept others for registry.....and your
animal is displaying traits that are not accepted, it would be failed.
That would be the time to ask what you are registering.  It is a valid
means of solidifying traits in any breed and to make the animals in a
recognized breed more uniform.

Mary Ellen Hansson, ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters
Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies
www.iseespots.com (336) 854-6209