[Jacob-list] Copper deficiency

Linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Thu Oct 10 18:46:47 EDT 2002

In the two fleeces I had, it showed up in one as a very obvious, but thin grey line in the black locks.  In the other fleece, the band was wider, but less distinct.  That fleece is brown to the roots - a very lovely color, by the way.  The other fleece with the thin band is very black other than the stripe.  None of the staples are weak.  Pulling hard, drum carding, hand carding or hand combing did not break the staples.

I don't know if the brown color (not grey) in the one fleece is a nutritional deficiency or if this ram just has a brown cast.  He is not a lilac, but the yarn color is very much the same.  I don't think that sunburn would extend that close to the skin.

Linda