[Jacob-list] software program

Linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Fri Nov 29 17:20:20 EST 2002

I mentioned this sheep records software program to the list last year as I was really pleased with it.  They came out with an update, which I decided was worth a little more money.  It's great!  The old version is a super program, but the new version is even better.

It has a feature which allows you to scan in your registration forms and they are automatically filled out!  Of course, it does some time to set up the fields on the forms, but once you get through that, you're done.  You can set up the forms to fill in all the check marks and circles if you'd like.  I'm not sure that's much of a time saver, but having the ancestors filled in, along with ALL (JSBA, JSC, JSC Certification)  the registration numbers is a real treat.  You can set it up so that the only thing you need to write in is your signature if you'd like. I hate filling out forms!  I may even get all my registration/certification applications in on time this year! Maybe.

In addition to the merge feature, pedigrees and records are fully customizable.  Databases are easily shared between other users.  It does a very nice picture pedigree that I'm working on so that I can send one with sheep I sell.  Also has vet records, contact records, accounting records, etc, etc.

Just thought I'd pass the information along.  The program is Breeder's Assistance and the website is:
http://www.tenset.co.uk/ba/

PS - I'm not affiliated with tenset - just a very happy customer.

Linda
Visit our Jacob flock at:
http://www.PatchworkFibers.com
Registered Jacob Sheep