[Jacob-list] horn products

Mary Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Sun Nov 24 04:47:57 EST 2002

Hi all,

The last time I had a biology class, we were taught that ANTLERS re-grow
and re-generate.  HORN does not.  We see this in our pastures and in our
farm life.  End of discussion.  Why have we been wondering if this
article might have a change in the central biology of sheep that we
never caught on to?  The article was false whether from the point of the
author (sorry any journalists out there, but I have yet to see an
article that I was involved in get printed with 100 % accuracy) or from
the point of the teller.

When making buttons out of the solid ends of the horns (as well as from
deer antlers), what type saw does one use, and then how are they
polished?  Anybody out there making buttons?  I occasionally see them
sold.

Mary Ellen Hansson, ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters
Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies
www.iseespots.com (336) 854-6209