[Jacob-list] Another fence story

Mary E Hansson iseespots at prodigy.net
Thu May 16 06:18:58 EDT 2002

Hi,

Oddly enough, we haven't had any sheep jump the 52 inch cattle panel
EXCEPT one 2 month old Shetland ram lamb that was mincing on the
neighbor's garden.  I think she had just about had it with him and a
couple of his buddies that year, so she turned around, stuck her hand in
the back door and got out her pop gun.  Made a loud bang, but otherwise
was harmless.  Anyway, she shot that off, and that lamb must have
thought he was shot.  Apparently cleared the fence and kept running.  To
hear her tell it, I sure wish there had been a camera!  He was never
seen venturing out of the fence again.  Wish it were that simple with
the rest of these deviants around here.

We get round bales from the neighbor down the road.  The bales are set
up on their ends quite often, and they are taller than the fence at that
point.  I have several ewes that hop up on top before he can get his
tractor backed up away from the fence.  They have never bothered to
challenge the fence----even from standing on top to hop down on the
outside!  Thom---Sounds like you need some of MY sheep instead of the
"teachers" that you have :o)

Mary Ellen Hansson
ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters
Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies
www.iseespots.com