[Jacob-list] fences

Susan Nielsen snielsen at orednet.org
Fri May 10 12:49:42 EDT 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002, J Thomas wrote:

> Think it depends on the soil you have!! Where I live,
> I couldn't dig up anything with a shovel mid-summer --
> the ground is like cement! Would one of the post
> pullers work? I'd love the flexibility of being able
> to move portable fencing.
>
> > How deep are you driving them in, simple tools are
> > great but I just dug
> > up 20 with a shovel ...

Honest, this little tool is one of those things that makes you
gasp, it is so simple and works so well. Digging well-driven
T-posts out with a shovel is a terrible job (in my humble and
weak-armed opinion). With the extractor, I am not kidding, it
takes a minute. You slip one end of the tool around the post,
against the little nubs for keeping the wire up, and you work
the lever. One minute. Straight up.

It puts me in mind of the gambrel, a tool so simple and effective
it revolutionizes management.

Susan
--
Susan Nielsen, Shambles Workshops      		|"...Gently down the
Beavercreek, OR, USA -- snielsen at orednet.org  	|stream..." -- Anon.