[Jacob-list] Domes and cattle panel

Mary E Hansson iseespots at prodigy.net
Wed May 8 17:00:11 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I have only had problems with rams beating on a building one time and
that is during the few months that I had a ram in an area without trees.
Most of my area is wooded and they use the trees as ramming posts and
leave the fence and the shelters completely alone.

As to the shelters, I use 16 foot cattle panel bent up in a half-circle
8 foot wide at the base and held at the base by the handy-dandy t-posts.
I sit them side by side in a row to form a tunnel effect.  I have found
that 3 provide a great amount of shelter for several sheep.  Two is a
bit short, and 4 can be a regular pain to clean out......therefore, 3
work best for me.  Cover said tunnel with a plastic tarp.  Remove and
replace when it weathers out.  I have not had any rams mess with the
tarps either.

Mary Ellen Hansson
ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters
Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies
www.iseespots.com