[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Debbie Bennett dbennet954 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 26 14:11:53 EST 2002

Glad to hear everything turned out all right for Cloe. As far as
breeding her again - I'd like to share something that happened a couple
years ago...
My neighbor called and asked me to help her catch a crossbred ewe who
had prolapsed. Neither one of us had any experience with this sort of
thing. we chased the ewe around the pasture, with the ewe stopping every
now and again to stretch and try to pull everything back in herself. We
finally caught her and were trying to figure out what to do, when one of
us remembered our own experience as mothers - nursing causes uterine
contractions. So, I held the ewe and my friend "milked" her. She didn't
"butt" the bag and of course no milk came out, but the prolapsed vagina
slipped back inside. "Milking" her seemed to do the trick. The ewe had a
normal delivery two days later. The ewe had twins on her own the
following year with no problems.
Debbie Bennett