[Jacob-list] clean (or not-so-clean) fleece

Linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Mon Mar 4 15:20:36 EST 2002

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:26:01 -0500, dave & katrina wrote:
>Thanks for noticing the pedigrees....A while ago, Lynda B. wrote to
>the list
>about a GREAT software/database package. She was sooo right! It is
>called
>Breeder's Assistant (Generic) and costs $99.
>http://www.breedersassistant.com/ba/ Believe me, not expensive when
>you see
>how much it can do. It seems very similar in capability to the
>software ALBC
>was promoting at the Sheep and Wool festival last year for several
>hundred.
>Can you see that I am sold on it? *smile*  I bought it as soon as I
>looked
>at it and cannot say enough good things about it.  It was exactly
>what I was
>looking for.
>
>Katrina Lefever, Chicory Lane
>http://wwwfac.wmdc.edu/HTMLpages/Graduate/TI/pages/lefever/chicory.ht

You and me both, Katrina.  The defaults are great, but you can customize it a
zillion ways to suit whatever you are trying to do.  I have yet to visualize any
design change that I haven't been able to do.
You can download a demo and play around with it.
I was really just looking for a good pedigree program, but this does alot more.  I
like that it automatically figures the inbreeding coefficient.  You can do trial
matings to preview the pedigrees.  You can choose an ancestor and see how that
individual relates to all the other animals in your flock.  Not counting being a
decent accounting program, vet record, etc.  Can't think of anything that was left
out of the program.

Also sold on it!

Linda

Visit our Jacob flock at: