[Jacob-list] Halters & Showing

Mary Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Thu Jun 13 11:50:32 EDT 2002

Thanks to everyone for all the tips on grooming and showing Jacobs.  Although we have had our sheep for 14 yrs. now, only once have we exhibited off the farm and have never shown them.  Everyone has lots of great ideas and I will save the messages for reference and forward them on to the other family who will be bringing a 4-horned yearling ram, 2-horned yearling ewe and 2-horned Feb. ram and ewe lambs.  My son will be showing a Feb. ram and ewe lamb to make the 5 sheep needed for their own class.  He has shown chickens and hogs but never sheep, so we have lots of work ahead of us for the fair which will be the first wk. of Aug. when it is very hot and humid here in Oh.
Mary Spahr