[Jacob-list] lamb halters

WenlochFrm at aol.com WenlochFrm at aol.com
Wed Jun 12 20:39:15 EDT 2002

I've tried various halters and found that the alpaca halters fit the best.
Llama halters work well, too, but you can't get the smaller sizes that will
fit the small lambs like the alpaca halters do. For the show ring, I opt for
the black color which is next to invisible on their heads. A halter can be a
big help in the ring if you're dealing with a feisty first-time lamb, but I
don't recommend using a lead except for training. It looks sloppy and tends
to get in the way. The absolute worst halters are the plastic pinch halters.
The only thing they are good for is getting in the sheep's eyes. Good luck in
showing your Jacobs. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun.

Joan Franklin