[Jacob-list] starving ewe.

dave & katrina oberlef at desupernet.net
Fri Feb 15 22:13:39 EST 2002

Now that would be a sight!  The hole isn't big, looks like she has a cigar in her mouth, but the piles of cud are.  I can't believe how much is out there.  The thought behind grain is that the nutrients do not need to be broken down as much by the rumen so more are absorbed before they are brought back up as cud.  More concentrated form so she needs to eat less.
Katrina