[Jacob-list] Help with Chicken Choice

Thomas Simmons creaganlios at prexar.com
Fri Dec 6 05:33:30 EST 2002

Tina,

I have raised about 8 different breeds of chicken, and my far-and-above
favorite are Buff Orpingtons.  They are generally quiet (a little clucking
when laying :-)), extremely gentle, and have a good instinct for "home."
Eggs are large and light brown, and the hens are very hardy, laying well
into their 4th or 5th years. I always ordered mine through Murray McMurray
Hatchery, which I believe now has a website but I don't know the URL.

Thom