[Jacob-list] just a note of introduction

Kelly Przylepa and Rich Moore kellyandrich at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 28 22:06:11 EDT 2002

Hello-

Just a short note to introduce myself- my name is Kelly Przylepa and am new
to the listserve and to the world of Jacob sheep. My family and I (Husband
Rich and daughters Alex [8 years] and Sam [5 years]) are the proud owners of
3 Jacob sheep (+ 1 wether on extended loan) since May 2002. We bought our
lovely sheep (1 yearling ewe and 2 ewe lambs) from Katrina and Dave (Chicory
Lane Farm). The time so far as novice shepherds has been very exciting
(especially when we move our electronet fence and sheep- somehow it takes us
longer than the Premier catalog says!).  I hope to learn a lot from the
listserve and I hope I don't embarrass myself with any silly questions!

My question for tonight- exactly what kind of hay should I be stockpiling?
(Katrina, you told me before t I have forgotten!) Orchard, timothy,alfalfa,
or mixed?

Thanks,

Kelly