[Jacob-list] Grass Seed

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Sat Aug 24 10:40:26 EDT 2002

Here in southeast PA we have been having a severe drought - however, we
have several pastures which were seeded within the past 2 years with seed
from Premier - pasture seed developed by Barenbrug seeds called
Stockmaster mix and marketed by Premier.    The sheep love this stuff
and it has proven to be very drought tolerant - even without rain for
months we have consistently still had some green grass out there for
grazing this summer - the fescue & orchard grass in the mix were
developed to be drought resistant - and the ryegrass simply goes dormant
during the heat of the summer.  Our sheep seemingly like the taste of
this grass better than some of our previously seeded pastures where we
used another seed mix.  The seed from Premier is more expensive, but well
worth it, especially as we have seen during this drought.

Incidentally, it's raining here this morning -- and everyone is
rejoicing!!!  (I think I can literally hear the plants & trees gulping up
much-needed moisture!!!!)

Sue Martin
Stonecroft

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!