[Jacob-list] Lammie

Wayne & Edie Van Valkenburg joyew at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 17 15:22:21 EDT 2002

Mary Ellen, you had me in stitches. Although I am sure it was not funny
at the time.  We have on of them also.  Only this one is not by choice
of the mother or the lamb.  Blame the dumb shepherds.  Lammie kept
getting out of the nursery area into our back field.  Both nurseries are
common to the back field if a lamb gets through the fence.  I put it
back in the wrong nursery and no body complained.  When the lamb began
to look piqued, we checked her out and found she was hungry.  Put her on
the bottle and started checking eartags for the Mom.  WRONG NURSERY.  By
this time, about a week, the mother had dried up.  We righted the wrong
and united the two but she has taken a bottle 2x a day ever since.  She
is a beautiful little ewe but our only 4-h this year with a split, too
bad to save.  Hope we can find a home for her or she will be table
food.  Don't think that may work.  We are use to eating our culls, but
she has become attached at the hip.
Edie