[Jacob-list] Pencil points:Ticking

Mary E Hansson iseespots at prodigy.net
Mon Apr 8 17:49:09 EDT 2002

Hi,

I once saw pictures of newly shorn Jacob sheep that had more like
quarter-sized (maybe even larger) dots all over their bodies.  These
were reputed to not have any black wool coming up through that area of
the body, and these spots were not just top nor just underneath----sort
of all around the sheep.  They fit into no theory I can deduce.  Any
ideas or what am I missing?  I have never laid hands on a sheep that
looked like this shorn, I must admit.  I do not believe the pictures to
be doctored, though :o)

Mary Ellen Hansson

ISeeSpots Farm

Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters

Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies

www.iseespots.com