[Jacob-list] Showing Jacobs

WenlochFrm at aol.com WenlochFrm at aol.com
Sat Sep 29 18:41:33 EDT 2001

In a message dated 9/29/01 12:59:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dschultz at waypt.com writes:

>  A number of us have been 'burned' at shows where the judge consistently
> picked Jacobs that had been doctored (as we define it).
>
> Denny

That isn't limited to your part of the country, Denny, and I can certainly
sympathize with you. But I'm interested in what you consider 'doctored' ? You
mentioned earlier something about blacking hooves, etc. Artificial substances
should never be used in the ring with the possible exception of oiling the
horns, and I don't even agree with that. Tell us what else you've seen.
Jacobs blocked out for example? I've seen that here in the Midwest, but a
little pressure from other breeders put a stop to it.

Joan Franklin